Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful




We had such a great Thanksgiving at my mom's! It was so nice to spend a chunk of time there and not rush in and rush out. And so nice to have family spend some time with Sadie, they never get to spend this much one on one time with her. I probably drove my mom a little crazy by deciding to bake a bunch of things while she was trying to prepare Thanksgiving dinner, thank god Sadie was cute enough to distract her from her annoyance! I'm so thankful for my wonderful family and am so glad we got to spend it together.


So, what did I bake??? A few things! But one of the most addicting, and seriously easy, things were the Oreo Truffles! Oh boy, they were so yum! The white chocolate dipped ones were the best, they tasted just like the white chocolate covered Oreos, except in truffle form. Here is the recipe, pretty easy and fun to make too. Looking forward to some Christmas baking, the Food Network's 12 days of cookies is here!!


I've been really Christmasy lately, maybe its because Sadie is older now and I'm excited to see her open gifts and enjoy the Christmas tree, that kind of thing. I've been wanting to get nice stockings for us for a couple years now, but either haven't found what I'm looking for, or just didn't get around to it. But this year, now that we have a little one, I really wanted to start a tradition and get some stockings we'll use every year. So I turned to Etsy, that wonderful site that features all handmade items, and instantly found our stockings! They're cool, unique, fun, and best of all- she had kitty stockings that looked kind of like our little fur babies! I love them!



3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love those stockings, they're gorgeous. You guys all look great, too of course!

asplashofsunshine said...

I was just about ready to start giving you a hard time about not fulfilling your bloggy duties. :)

The family pictures are so sweet! There is nothing better than a great Thanksgiving at home, a smiling child, well and uhhh, Oreos too.

Schmell said...

Hahaha, are those the stockings that Beaner got hold of?? There are (were?) adorable! :-))