Monday, October 11, 2010

A Close Call



It's a sad story, folks, but thankfully with a happy ending. Imagine, if you will, opening up Facebook and seeing that one of your most favorites places for good eats updated that they just concocted a delicious homemade pumpkin ice cream, that could be mine, mine, all MINE for the taking! Oh joy! Oh rapture! It's all I could think about. It's all I could dream about. Unfortunately for John, it's all I could talk about. I finally got over there and eagerly bought their completely ridiculously overpriced pumpkin ice cream, which had better have been made with the utmost love, care, and delicious ingredients available to man for that price. So I race home, run inside and grab a spoon and prepare for utopia..... only to be utterly disappointed. It really..... wasn't all that great. I just kind of stood there in my kitchen, with my empty spoon, feeling kind of deflated. It was way too pumpkin-y and not near enough sweet ice cream-y. Le sigh. What to do? I hated to waste it, it was that expensive, and also, I still needed my pumpkin fix. But an idea hit (they are few and far between), what goes better with pumpkin than ginger??? I took some ginger cookies and sandwiched the ice cream between them and voila- Pumpkin Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches were born! And ya know what? PERFECTION! It was exactly the flavoring needed- pumpkin disaster avoided!! And no, I haven't OD'd on pumpkin yet, in case you were wondering. :)

3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

I don't think you can OD on pumpkin. But it might be fun to find out! :P

Those look great! I haven't seen any pumpkin ice cream around, but you can be sure I'll be in the cookie aisle if I see some. Mmmm....

asplashofsunshine said...

Impressive! SELL THE IDEA! You'll be next on OPRAH's final season. :)

kelley said...

A brilliant save! And they are almost too cute to eat. ALMOST. :-)