Monday, May 2, 2011

The Nifty Nilla


Kinda lemon-y, kinda cheesecake-y, with a tasty Nilla-y crust....... you just need a pan of these and your favorite guilty pleasure tv show and you are all set, my friend.

What is it about a Nilla Wafer? So old school, so simple and I eat them unabashedly by the handful. They are especially good dipped into tea and coffee (for breakfast). Mmmm.... say it with me..... Nilla..... Which brings me to the point of this post. Creamy Dreamy Lemon Squares. Ok, I added the dreamy part. It's a regular ol' Kraft recipe and it's damn good. I made them for Easter and it seems to be something I crave every spring. Lemon is just so.... springy. The crust is made out of crushed Nilla wafers (only 20 of them, so what's a girl to do with the rest??) butter, brown sugar and flour. Nothing bad can come of that. It's delicious and complements the creamy lemony goodness to a T. Just make them, for goodness sake! They are good for the soul and a perfect way to celebrate spring!

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Lemon is also one of my favorite spring flavors! I am hunting down this recipe.

adventures in rhode island said...

click on the recipe name, it's linked!