Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mama!



My beautiful mom in her teens.

My mom turns 70 today! Happy birthday to the most caring, nurturing, loving, all-forgiving, compassionate woman I know. You know how the Grinch's heart grows 3 times the size at the end of the story and it's huge? It's not even a fraction of how large my mom's heart is. I've learned a lot of life lessons in empathy and how people should be treated from her and I thank her so much for that. She has a strength in her most people don't know and something she herself doesn't give herself credit for. Mom, you are amazing and I'm so thankful for you. Love you with all my heart.


3 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

September 8th certainly has some special people to celebrate! Happy 70th!!!! She certainly is a fantastic woman!

Crafty Mama said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a fantastic picture of you and Mom.

Mama said...

Shannon, thank you for the beautiful words you wrote about me for my 70th Birthday. I don't see myself that way but feel honered and humbled that you do! I love the picture of you & me and my graduation picture. I sure would like to look like that again.! I'm just happy I'm still here with my family and my sweet little Sadie.