Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What makes Sadie laugh?


Piggy sounds, apparently! I think parents will agree you'll do pretty much anything to get your baby to laugh and one day I just started snorting like a pig at Sadie, and voila! It produced the baby giggle I love so much! Its so funny to see what makes them laugh. Its not the stuff you would think would be funny, that's for sure. I'd say most of the time Sadie laughs is when I have no idea I am doing anything funny at all. She is definitely starting to laugh a lot more, especially at night when we're getting her pj's on, she is all happy and giggly, so cute! Anyways, here is a video of her laughing at piggy noises. 

Sadie is starting to enjoy a good game of "Peek-a-boo", and its hysterical because I guess she thinks when we hide our faces with our hands, we are no longer there, and when we remove our hands to show our faces and say "peek-a-boo", she looks completely startled to see us there when we weren't a second ago, that she'll actually jump! Her face is priceless, like she is saying "Wait a sec.... mommy wasn't here a second ago, and now she is! It's MAGIC!" And then she'll smile a big ol' Sadie grin and we'll go through the whole thing all over again. I "disappear", I "reappear", and she gets wide eyed and looks startled, then she laughs. Over and over again :)

I went into Sadie's room this morning and this is what I saw:  

How adorable is that?! She is learning to suck her thumb now, I guess! Too bad she won't do the whole "self-soothing" thing when we try to put her to sleep! Now, that's a whole other issue! She isn't crazy about going to sleep!

Oh- also this weekend- it was Bean's birthday! He's 2 now. :)  Ahhhh.... our honeymoon kitty.... Happy Birthday, Beaner Weiner!!


I'll sign off with a couple sweet photos of ... who else.... Sadie :)


2 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

I am so happy you started this blog, and more importantly that you actually post to it. Sadie is getting more and more precious each time I see her. I didn't know that was possible. Oh, and I will show my little kid nerdy side now... GOOGLE "object permanence". Everything you wrote about Sadie thinking you have disappeared is right on target.

Anonymous said...

That is just so adorable! Mom and I were watching this yesterday, and just cracking up! :-)) The picture of her asleep sucking her thumb is so sweet.

I WUV YOU, SADIE!!

PS: Happy Birthday, Beanie!!