Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Little House on the Prairie Sadie



Sadie is a lucky little girl to be loved by so many people. This weekend both
Fam's came up to visit the cute little peanut and to attend her baptism. There wasn't a shortage of willing and eager people to cuddle, hold, and kiss baby Sadie! Grandpa took her for walks around the block, Sadie loving every minute of it. Lots of hugs and walks around the apartment from both Grandma and Nana, since we all know Sadie doesn't like to sit still. And Aunts and Uncles doing everything they can think of to make her laugh and bring out the elusive baby giggle. The baby laugh is very sporadic and comes out when I least expect it, but boy, its so worth it! Sadie isn't used to a lot of people and at first was a little overwhelmed, but by Sunday, she was soaking up the attention and really seemed to love her entourage, who were at her beck and call! I don't think Mommy and Daddy are enough now! :) 


Sadie was baptised by Fr. Frank, the priest that married John and I, so it meant a lot that he was able to baptise our daughter. She wore the same outfit that my sister and brother and myself wore to our baptisms. Grandpa thought she looked like someone from Little House on the Prairie. I agree! She was a little angel throughout the ceremony. My sister, Kelley, and John's brother, Paul, are the godparents. I think we convinced Paul that he wouldn't break Sadie if he held her! Thank you, guys, for being her godparents!

Happy 4 month birthday to Sadie! She turned 4 months August 1st, and unfortunately had to get her shots that day! Poor little dear! She was brave though. Here is a 4 month old picture for y'all. She has discovered her toes!


Oh, I had a birthday too. 31 years young! I love being married to a guy who is 2 years older than me- I will always be the young one! And I'll always taunt him with that! :)

4 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

I didn't know her baptism was this weekend. I guess I couldn't be there anyway. What a special day! She is sooooo adorable. Love you guys! Make sure John signs onto shutterfly soon. Its been a while since I've had my fill of pictures.

Crafty Mama said...

Sadie's beautiful in her christening outfit. Such a happy little girl! Happy Birthday again:)

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what a sweet little "Half-Pint" she is! Does this make you and John "Ma and Pa Tumino"??? hahaha!

I'm honored to be asked to be the Spud's godmother...thank you! It was a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Kelley

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sadie has grown so much and full of beautiful smiles. Thanks for sharing this. Let me know when you visit the office next time!