Sunday, July 27, 2008

Would you like cheesecake with that?



Ummm, yes, please! Friday night was a girls night out! We had a blast and it was so good to see everyone. It had been awhile since we had all gotten together and we just had a great time at the Cheesecake Factory, drinking oh-so-yummy martini's, eating their amazing no calorie (ha ha) cheesecake, catching up and reminiscing over college memories.  Those were some good times. :) All of us had either roomed together or lived in the same dorm or close to it, all 4 years of school, so there are countless memories. The all-nighters at the art studios, stuffing our backpacks full of beer and trying to walk really carefully past our RA's to conceal the "clink, clink, clink" sound, eating platefuls of Brick Alley nachos and Awful Awfuls at Newport Creamery, nights of Malibu Rum and White Russians, and I will still run to the bathroom if I smell Southern Comfort. Oh, and we studied in between all of that. I think those are the real benefits of college. Sure, the degree is a perk of school, but the priceless memories of those 4 years, it makes Salve's insanely high tuition-- that yes, I am still paying for-- worth it. Its been 9 years since we graduated, and now look at us- Kim is engaged (congrats, Kim!), the rest of us married, and 3 of us have.... gulp.... kids! I love that we still keep in touch and when we have nights like those, its like no time has passed! 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Shannie, all those years in college I thought you were just an angel! I GUESS NOT! , after reading about your girls night out! It was a great group picture of all of you! I'm glad you had a "Girls Night Out" and had alot of fun. By the way, that Southern Confort really does packs a wollop!!!! Love, your Mama

Crafty Mama said...

Hahahahaha no calorie cheesecake. If that were true, I'd buy a whole one!

The other night was soooo much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha--smuggling beer in your backpack past the RA!! *clink, clink!* You are a chip off the old block (ME!) I'm so glad you all had a great time out...and that you all keep in touch.

I love your blog, Shannie...you are a wonderful writer!!

xxoo,
Kel

asplashofsunshine said...

Yeah, we did have a great night!!! I wish we could have many many many more! I guess we can, but I just wish we had them more often. Love ya and miss you too!