Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend


If there is one thing I have learned about having a baby, its really hard to plan things in advance for anything, you never know how a day will go with the little cutie. Like the 4th of July. Big plans to take the Spud to see her first fireworks, maybe have a picnic, or even go out for the sushi dinner we have both been craving. (Haven't had it since before I was preggo! Ya, its definitely time.) But I think Sadie was going through a growth spurt or something because there was a fair share of crankiness and she ate a ton, so a lot of cluster feeding. So..... no fireworks or sushi was to be had. All I can say is, thank god it was a Harry Potter marathon weekend on tv this weekend! I told Sadie one day she will go to Hogwarts and learn how to cast spells, play quidditch, and if she is lucky, acquire the rare but extremely useful invisibility cloak. Good thing she doesn't really understand things quite yet and believe me! But it was still a great long weekend, even without typical 4th of July festivities. Sadie had some great milestones- first off being she laughed for the first time! I swear it was the cutest thing I ever heard! She did it twice on the changing table, but try as we might, we couldn't get her to giggle again. Its now my main goal, I really want to hear her baby laugh again! Also, she slept in her crib in her room for the first time this weekend. This is huge! She has been in a bassinet by our bed but we decided to see how it would go with starting to put her in her own room. And she slept awesome! We were shocked, but really happy. John and I, however, did NOT sleep well! Ha ha, we were perched by that baby monitor all night long! I am not sure what we thought she would do in there, but all went well. This was a big step for us, and it was very nice not to have to tip toe in the bedroom and try not to wake her, or have to go to sleep when she does because the opening and closing of the door would wake her up. I curled up in bed with a book for the first time since she was born and let me tell you, it was divine! I am a book fiend and I missed that. 

And lastly, she is really starting to get stronger. Now, when she is in the swing or bouncer, she lifts her head and shoulders a bit, as if trying to get out! We even put her in the bumbo for the first time, but I don't think she is ready just yet. Head still wobbly. But I think she will love it once she has more head control. Here is a pic of her in her bumbo:

And one more photo for good measure! A cute one of John and Sadie. :)

3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Oh yeah.....the first night of the baby in the crib totally rocks!!! Sorry your weekend was a bust on the patriotic side. Crappy weather though, so you probably didn't miss much. Oh, and I find that I'll do most anything to get that belly laugh out of Will, including but not limited to making a complete fool out of myself! :)

asplashofsunshine said...

Aren't baby giggles the best???? Just wait until you tickle her and she can't stop giggling. Those are the best parenting moments.

So happy to hear she slept well in her crib. Before you know it, you'll be sleeping great too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so excited about coming up tomorrow!! We can't wait to see her again! Those pictures are adorable as usual!

Remember York from the Planet Plutonium? I did that just because I loved to make you laugh. :-)) Maybe York is flying in for a visit right now....hmmmmmm....