Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3 months old!



3 days old



3 months old

Our little baby turned 3 months old today! I keep saying it, but it really is unbelievable to me that 3 months have already gone by. She's not an infant anymore. Wow, time really does fly. At this time 3 months ago, I was 2 days over my due date and having contractions. I remember when John got home from work, I told him he better eat dinner now because we were probably going to the hospital tonight, and then half way through his dinner, I told him he should probably stop eating because we needed to get to the hospital, like, NOW! I remember the quickest way to get to the hospital was blocked off so we had to go a round about route and the contractions were really coming on. I remember not being able to stand through the contractions during the elevator ride to the Birthing Center. I remember being told by the nurses, that yes, I was in active labor, they were admitting me, and would I like any pain medication? Me answering no, I'd like to go without any pain meds. I would use the jacuzzi, the birthing ball, and breathing techniques as pain coping mechanisms. How bad could it be? Then an hour and a half later desperately abandoning my steadfast "no drugs please" mantra and telling John to get the nurse to PLEASE give me an epidural. Or knock me out or something. And the subsequent panic that set in when I was told it was too late for that! I do believe profanities then became part of my pain coping mechanisms. Screw the jacuzzi and birthing ball. I also remember not thinking I was going to be able to pull this off, but after 2 hours of pushing like I never pushed before, and without going into gory details......... I met the tiny baby that lived in me for 9 months! It was an amazing experience. Labor was one of the hardest things I ever did, but we walked out of the hospital with the coolest little person ever! So worth it :) I laugh now at the carefully packed hospital bag I took so much time to put together. Do you believe that I really packed Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter dvds because, oh I don't know, I thought that I would have some downtime between contractions?! Its true.

So much has happened these last three months, its hard to sum it up. We went through some big learning curves! But it feels like now we are getting rewards, with a happy, smiling, adorable little baby. She now pretty much sleeps through the night, which is huge. She gets up around 6 or 6:30 usually, and instead of crying right away, we wake up to "ooo" "ooo" and hear her kicking around and looking around. Then when you go to say good morning, she looks at you and instantly smiles- its adorable! She notices things more and more. She is starting to like toys now too, ones that light up and make noise. I found her after her nap today "talking" to her purple octopus in her crib and when I pressed the button to make the toy play music, her face lit up with a big grin. I still look at her in amazement each day, she is just so amazing! And in honor of her 3 month birthday, little Peanut had a milestone! During tummy time, she rolled over by herself to her back! Now that she knows she can get out of tummy time, she kept doing it over and over ;) Here is a cute video of her rolling over.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 month Birthday Sadie! You are so sweet and adorable.! Your getting so big.! Your smile melts my heart!! I'll see you next week my little angel. Love you soooooooo much!! Love & kisses, Nana

asplashofsunshine said...

She's gonna be moving like a maniac before you can blink an eye... she'll be talking your ear off soon too. I love her cute little noises! SEE YOU SOOOOOON!

Crafty Mama said...

Happy Three Months, Sadie! You are such a sweet little girl and I can't wait to meet you later this month! :)

Shannon--your Harry Potter DVD's cracked me up. I packed quite the hospital bag myself....I even packed makeup!! What were we thinking?

Anonymous said...

OH!!! Look at her! She looks so proud of herself, too!! :-))) (Was that me ringing the phone in the back ground?? sorry!)

Happy 3 Months, Sadie!!! I love you!

Shannon, your writeup is hysterical!! Harry Potter, heehee!

Love you,
Kelley