Monday, February 14, 2011

A Blue Valentines Day



Blues Clues of course. I felt very mom-like yesterday as I was putting together valentines for Sadie's class at daycare. School valentines already?! It was fun though, and the theme was none other than from her favorite show..... Blues Clues! I'm in my glory whenever I get to break out my paper punches, stamps and ribbons! I don't really think 2-year-olds will really appreciate my handmade name tags, but I do!


I also made these yummy little pretzel/hershey kisses/m&m numbers yesterday for Valentines Day too. I might have posted about this at Christmas, not sure. But all you need to do to make them is take waffle pretzels and top them with hershey kisses of your choice (we used regular, hugs, and my favorite.... caramel) and stick them in the oven at 350 degrees for a couple minutes, then when they come out, plop an m&m in your holiday color in the center and VOILA! A very tasty, very addictive little treat. Especially the caramel ones, trust me on this. Make them! You can't go wrong with sweet and salty.


And if those weren't enough, I wanted to try out my new heart shaped cookie cutters and also had a box of red velvet cake lying around, so I made cake hearts. Just like cake balls (cake and frosting mixed together) but you shape them in the cookie cutter, then freeze them for a little bit to harden up, then dip them in some candy melts or chocolate in the color of your choice. YUM!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

Mmmm! I've had those before and they are fantastic. Those heart shaped cookies look good enough for me to reach through the screen and grab one. :)