Thursday, February 24, 2011

For The Love Of Pasta



I once tried the South Beach Diet. I never made it past the initial two-week phase. It was awful. Nightmarish. Torture. Giving up the sugar was hard enough, but CARBS?! It's too much to ask! My body went through shock and my hands would shake and I was a veritable be-yotch. John was so happy I caved and snarfed down a bowl of cavatelli's one night. End of diet. You see, pasta is a staple in our house and we're always looking for different ways to fix it. This last meal we made is reason enough to never do the South Beach Diet again. And it's a pretty healthy dish. It's a recipe by Lidia called Pasta with Baked Cherry Tomatoes. Basically a dish consisting of the pasta of your choice tossed with an olive oil and garlic sauce, topped with baked cherry tomatoes, a generous serving of pecorino cheese, fresh basil and topped with small dollops of ricotta. It was wonderful! I especially loved the hot pasta with the cool ricotta mixed together. Delish! The baked tomatoes roasted with olive oil, red pepper flakes and bread crumbs were fantastic with it. Kudos to John for finding the recipe. I didn't expect it to taste near as good as it did but John has made me a believer Lidia's recipes, thanks dear :)

Sadie helping mix the tomatoes and seasonings.

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

I read the first chapter of the South Beach Diet book and promptly put it down! That looks awesome! Sometimes the simplest things are the tastiest. :)