Friday, July 8, 2011

Am I Dreaming???


What is this, you ask? A completed potty chart!!!! I think this time it has finally clicked and we are on our way to being potty trained! Can I hear a big WOO-HOO??!! What did it take? Underwear and lots of Clorox wipes. She has to be potty trained by the end of August to go to preschool, so the pressure was on. And I always did work better under pressure! We started sending her to school in underwear and she did very well there. Week 2 and no accidents at school yet. We also try to keep her in underwear as much as possible at home and when we are out. And while yes, we do have accidents, she makes it to the potty much more than when she doesn't. It definitely has clicked. She isn't loving the potty yet, but she is very proud of herself and she DOES love her Dora underwear! Yay Sadie!! So proud of you!! (PS. I highly recommend this potty chart because stickers are given for pulling down their pants, sitting, flushing, washing hands, as well as actually using the toilet. So for us, where nothin' was comin' out for awhile, she would at least feel good about getting some rewards for just trying. Thank you, Amazon, once again. )



2 comments:

Kelley said...

Yayyyyyyyy, Sadie!!! I'm so proud of her! Good job, Mom. :-)

Nana said...

I'm so proud of my little Sadie Rose! I think the Dora chart is great! I knew Sadie would catch on soon.! Great job done Shannon! Love, Nana