Friday, December 2, 2011

Ho Ho Ho



A day late, but a 3 year old doesn't know that! I decided to try my sewing skills out on a homemade advent calendar, and boy, was it good practice! Please do not enlarge this photo and look at any of the stitches! I seriously almost FedEx'd my mom all the ornaments to sew for me because mine were laughable in the beginning. Even John, the most loving and supportive person in existence, could not suppress his smirk when I showed him my earliest ornaments I made. But..... I finished it and Sadie loves it! The ornament are pockets and inside are treats like mini candy canes, chocolates, hello kitty hair clips, jingle bell bracelets, etc. I thought it would be a good visual for her to know when Santa was coming and a good number game. Our cats have already tried to use it as a scratching post, and if those hairy beasts destroy this labor of love, we're taking a trip back to the Potter League (animal shelter for those who don't live here!)! Just kidding... kind of.... ;)

2 comments:

Mama said...

Shannon, you did a beautiful job on the advent calender! Sadie will love it and enjoy her little treats each day! A treasure for Sadie for many years to come.! I'm happy your getting into sewing and doing so well! I'm proud of you Honey!

Kelley said...

I'm impressed, Shan! That is adorable!!!!!