Sunday, January 29, 2012

De-Cluttering



I guess it's clear blogging is not on my New Years Resolution list! It's been awhile! So, today I just finished a project to help de-clutter Sadie's room. Little by little, I'm planning on getting her room more organized and this Hanging Laundry Bag really helped. She used to have a stand alone hamper on her floor, but it took up a lot of space. I saw this project in the sewing book my Mom gave me for my birthday, One Yard Wonders, and thought it would be fun to do and also, functional. The book is awesome, for any of you sewers out there. 101 projects to do, all with just one yard of fabric! So Mom, here is the first project I made out the book! It was fun and felt good to figure out things I've never done before. Double bias tape THIS! Snaps? No problem! Looking forward to the next Joann's trip to pick out new fabric!


The month of december was dedicated to working on my Christmas sewing project- making superhero capes and masks for Sadie, her cousins, and her friends! These are four of them, the other two I made I finished very late at night, the night before traveling to give them to my nephews, so the last thing I was thinking of was photographing them! But here are some pictures of Sadie and Luke playing with their capes. So funny!


Anyways, hoping to make it back to the blogging world more often now!

4 comments:

Mama said...

I love the wall hamper Shannon! You did a fantastic job. The caps are adorable and Sadie, Luke, & Gino look so cute in them and are having a ball. I love the one Sadie is looking over the sofa.! Precious! Great Job Shannon!

Pan and the boys said...

I agree with your Mama. Gio started to wear the mask as a headband today.-_-'

Kelley said...

Wow, Shan, I'm impressed! I can't believe that you voluntarily make trips to "I Hate Joann's/I Hate Fabrics" now!! ;-) Toooooo funny!!!

Kelley said...

Your last post was JANUARY?? Get blogging!!!!