Monday, May 28, 2012

So...

So here's what you missed on Adventures in Rhode Island—

• Sadie turned 4 and is doing great. She likes princesses now (sigh), bugs and animals (yay), and waking up at the ass crack of dawn each day (boo).

• She always likes to make sure she keeps parenting a challenge for me, she doesn't want me to get bored with mundane things like cooperation and flexibility. So, she has decided she still won't poop on the potty and gives me reasons in an off-handed 4 year old way like, "I won't poop on the potty because poop is brown and brown is not my favorite color." Smacks myself in head.

• I got rid of the diaper genie. I wanted to take a sledge hammer to it, but amazingly, someone is buying that damn thing.

• We are moving. Again. Just upstairs. But still. It's moving. Again.

• I can only only guess at this of course, but I think moving is like labor. You went through it once and it was hell. Then time passes and you forget the pain. You go through it again. And then you remember said pain.

• We are moving to a place the size of a hobbit hole. We must purge a lot of things. We had a tag sale. We did pretty good. Still have a lot of shit. Salvation army is making out great.

• Sold some stuff on Craigslist and then my email got hacked somehow through Craigslist and sent everyone I know spam. Fantastic. But at least it was generic spam and not "spice up your sex life" and "penis enlargement" spams like what happened when my Mom got hacked. My Mom's reaction to that was totally worth her account being compromised.

• We are now getting desperate and just putting out stuff on the lawn with a "free" sign on it. People are vultures and of course they take it.

• My friends are starting to hate me because I try to dump all the stuff that won't fit into the new place on them. "Do you like vampire books?" "Great! Here are 17 of them. You have to take them all. Enjoy!"

•  I know. I really need to change my winter blog theme.

So..... that's what you missed on Adventures in Rhode Island.

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

I can't help laughing at your Mom's reaction about her account getting hacked and the type of spam, thanks for sharing that! :)

Thinking of you, Shan. And hoping that you find yourself on the other side of this rough patch soon. (Why do people call them rough patches??? Your description of "hell" is a lot more like it!)