Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthday and Easter Photo Essay


My baby is 2 years old! Don't ask me how that happened. But in these two years, she has turned into an honest-to-goodness little girl. This is her new thing. If you ask her to smile, this is the face you get! It cracks me up!! She has so much personality, I don't know how it all fits in that little body! Love you, my spunky little free spirit!


We had a lot of visitors this weekend. My mom (aka Nana), my sister Kelley (aka Auntie Cahkey) and my brother Paul (aka Uncle Pawl) came to visit and Sadie got to spend some great quality time with all of them. Here we are opening up some presents early. Sadie loved having them visit, it's always so nice for me to see her bonding with family.


Papa (John's Dad) also came to visit Sadie for her birthday. We all know how Sadie loves her Papa, so you can guess how happy she was to see him! Papa is a good sport and wore his Elmo hat with a smile!


For her birthday, Papa brought her a train set table that he made for her! It was quite the hit with the birthday girl and her best girlfriends, Skylar and Amelia. We are completely impressed, it's better than the one at Barnes and Noble, seriously! We were joking that rainy days will now be spent at our place, instead of visiting that book store!


The three amigos! I am not sure how the jumping in the crib happened, but for them, I do believe it was the highlight of the party! I love these girls, they are so sweet to each other and love each other so much! It is very evident that they are growing up, as they are now picking their friends. There are definitely kids Sadie prefers to be with over others. Personalities are really coming through.


And of course, there was Easter! It was a busy weekend! Here is Sadie actually wearing and enjoying her bunny ears and having fun opening her Easter basket from the Easter Bunny. She got some new bangle bracelets as you can see!


Sadie got to take an Easter morning stroll with Nana, Kelley, and Papa down to the water and she held hands the entire time. Not an easy feat with Sadie! With me, it's "no! Sadie walk!" Meaning, let go of my hand, Mom, I can do this myself! But she loved walking with them, and jumping with them, and throwing rocks in the water with them!


Just a sweet moment captured. Sadie looking up at her Papa.

2 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Juliana's eyes bugged out when she saw the first picture. Each post she looks bigger and different. MISS YOU GUYS!

Kelley said...

Great birthday pics! A big highlight for me was when she let me actually carry her! I said to her, "Are you getting tired?", and she said, "Yeah!" "Do you want to walk or be carried?" She said,"Carry", so I scooped her up and she didn't make a peep! (She's kinda heavy! LOL) Holding hands with her on the walk was also a treat!