Saturday, April 24, 2010

Homeless No Longer!

Well, we finally found an apartment! Lots of searching, lots of appointments, and even one apartment we liked that got taken before we could put in an application (I wanted to cry!)- but thankfully we found another one we liked! And we jumped on that puppy as soon as we could! It has a lot to offer that we don't have now, like more space, a lawn that is mostly fenced in (hurray!), laundry that is exclusively ours in the basement, tons of basement storage, and in an area we have never lived in before, and still walkable to places. Including 2 great parks, the water, different shops/restaurants than we are used to, and a cool, yummy deli and convenience store (seriously, I love this, how many times have I run out of milk or paper towels?!? Now I can walk to get those things!). It's a two-story house, so it only has 1 other unit in it, rented by another young couple. (I can still say I'm young, ya??) Plus, it's very homey. I am not a fan of the huge Victorian style Newport houses. But I do love a cute little home with lots of charm and character. Give me small and cute rather than huge and formal any day. It's not perfect, but hey, that's what IKEA is for, right?? :) Just gives me an excuse to shop there! Oh ok, twist my arm! John has to reign me in there. I will send out a new address email, don't expect it soon or anything because I'm not the queen of promptness lately, but it will get there! Move in start date is May 15th. Looking forward to our new digs!

2 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Yayyy for you! Can't wait to see it!

Crafty Mama said...

Congratulations! A little IKEA and the place will be perfect for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures. :)