Sunday, September 12, 2010

The One, The Only- Cupcake Bites!


I'm in love with anything in "mini" form.


Today, I decided to channel my inner Bakerella. I've been a major slacker in the kitchen for about, oh, I don't know..... the entire summer. I have been drooling over her blog for awhile now (check her out under my blog list). Bakerella, in a word, rocks. It's amazing what she can do with cake and chocolate. Her imagination, creativity and attention to detail wow me. Apparently, it wow'ed other people too, because after starting her blog and creating the first Cake Pop (A cake ball on a stick. Brilliant, no?), word of it took off, and she was offered a book deal. This is what I'm talking about, people! One awesome idea and a blog (ok, and lots of talent), and look at her! So cool.

Red Velvet cake wrapped up in chocolate. I'm smitten.

Oh, Bakerella. How do you make it look so easy??? I guess that's why you have your own cookbook and I don't! I always had mad respect for her work, but now, having tried my hand at her Cupcake Bites, I have uber mad respect! Mine look nothing like they are supposed to. How does she get her chocolate so smooth? Hers are ridiculously adorable! They were fun, but much more time consuming than I first thought. Great afternoon project, say, with a friend. Or four. Very thankful to John for entertaining Sadie for a bit so I could make these. At first I thought they would be a good project for her, but they required too much effort on MY part! And red velvet stains everything, maybe not the best toddler food project. So, they may not look how they are supposed to look but they DO taste good! Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and the entire outside is made from dipped chocolate. I don't think one can go wrong with that combination. Thank you, Bakerella, for the culinary inspiration and hopefully this will break me out of my cooking rut!

Oh, and I'm thinking those sprinkles are going to be similiar to Christmas tree needles. I'm gonna be finding them everywhere for a long time to come, no matter how many times I vacuum. I could hear them pinging on the floor whenever I sprinkled them. Tricky little suckers, they are.

No comments: