Saturday, September 11, 2010

Photo Essay: A Day In The Life


Every day should start off with a good breakfast. Today's was extra special. Coffee and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It's actually pretty healthy because of all the antioxidants in the chocolate and we all know peanut butter is packed with protein. Right?


This photo tells a lot about our daily life! I constantly have a shadow following me. And I'm not talking about my own. :)


When a toddler is told it's time to go home, they will sometimes do the "throw themselves on the ground and refuse to walk" thing. It's so pleasant. And it doesn't matter if we're in the middle of the woods. (At least my toddler does.)


Sadie has no problem using a random kid she just met as a make-shift train track for Thomas.


She wakes up with fully charged batteries, without any coffee (I can't even comprehend that), and is ready to create masterpieces at 7:30 in the morning. And she wants YOU to create masterpieces as well.


Loving her Happy Meal and having a fun lunch with Mommy. Love it. Love that I am actually buying her a Happy Meal! (PS. She gained almost half a pound at her last weight check, and it was the first time she gained weight just from solid food, ever. EVER. It's slow, but it's progress, baby. Elated doesn't begin to describe when I saw that number on the scale!)


An end of the day visit to the park, swinging together on the swings with my shadow.


1 comment:

Kelley said...

Looks like a perfect day to me! Did you bake that cake?? I'm cracking up at Sadie's "I'm not walking and you can't make me" face-plant on the ground! That is hilarious! What a little blessing your little shadow is! WUV YOU GUYS!