Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our Budding Artist


Intently drawing on her easel.

Sadie has been loving coloring for awhile now, but it's just been her getting used to the crayons, loving to scribble, seeing all the colors and have us draw things with her. But lately, that is changing, she really is trying to draw objects now. Yesterday was the first time I saw her really draw an object- and recognize what it was! It is no surprise the first thing she drew was none other than her most favorite thing in the world- a balloon! She is obsessed with them! See the picture below: She intently drew her orange balloon (yes, it is upside down, but c'mon she's not even 2!) and proudly told me "balloon!" I am so proud of her! She must get it from John, he's really good at drawing, puts me to shame. I can't draw to save my life. (Note the purple octopus on the paper.) Now she draws them all time, even telling me "big balloon!" and "little balloon!". My little artist!

Sadie's Famous Orange Balloon. She's a modern artist, don't you think?

2 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Isn't it fascinating how the toys have changed from crackling teethers to easels and crayons. Next she'll be wanting her ipod and cell phone.

Kelley said...

Wow, I love it! Who cares if it's upside-down? ? It's a perfectly legit balloon! :-))

xxoo :-))