Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Days Of School


Our first two days of school were a success! I am so proud/happy/relieved simultaneously- Sadie did a great job even though I am sure it was hard on her in the beginning. In true Shannon style, the first two mornings getting ready to drop Sadie off at her new school at 8 am, was a complete disorganized mess, and I didn't get any photos! All those little things like breakfast, packing her a hot lunch, guzzling down coffee all took more time than expected! Oh, and I overslept. Both days. So.... no pictures yet. I'll try the next day she goes to school. So, school went really well for her. She was sad the first day I left, her little lip trembled and did that heartbreaking pout thing that kills me, but the teacher said she recovered quickly and amazingly, no tears. When I called to see how she was, she was chasing kids around the playground. :) Then, when I went to pick her up, she didn't want to leave! Today, she was much better when I left, and had a great time with her new friends. I owe the eating program she was in this summer a lot- if it wasn't for them, the first time leaving her at the school would have been bad. But she already had a taste of it this summer and it helped a ton. Not too much eating going on yet, but I think she needs to get used to it there first. I think this is going to be a great experience for Sadie. And did I tell you that her teacher is the woman who rented our old apartment we just left?! Small island world. Both teachers seem great, so happy with the school so far.

So guess who is the most adorable pregnant girl ever?! This weekend was Allison's baby shower and it was soooo good to see her! She seriously had the pregnancy glow about her and just looks beautiful. Poor thing is in her third trimester in flippin' August! It was a great shower and just so great to see her, I would have been so upset if I didn't get to see a pregnant Al!

Pregnancy glow!

Allison opening up her baby Ghost Hunters onesie! She got me one for my shower, so I had to get one for her little muffin!

And lastly, when we got home today, we had a box from Target on our doorstep. In it was Sadie's first big girl sheet and comforter set for her crib (it's meant for a toddler bed, but we're not there yet!) and she was so excited! She actually said "I love it!" and wanted to cuddle up in it right away, even though it was 90 degrees out. And she wanted me to go under it too. I was dying!

Sadie's new kitty/doggie comforter and her paw print sheet set. Gotta love Target.

No comments: