Monday, August 16, 2010

Top 10 Things I Learned At The Zucchini Festival


We trekked it home to see my family this weekend, to attend the now annual Zucchini Festival 2010! As you might imagine, it's a small town festival that centers around...... zucchini! And it rocks! Petting zoo, lots of people selling homemade crafts, every type of zucchini related food, hot air ballooning, music, hula hooping, euro bungee (google it), and even some type of crazy zucchini rolling contest. Take my word for it- these people don't mess around with their zucchini's. We had a fantastic weekend and here's what I learned:

#10- When my Mom drinks, there is no telling what she will do. I tried to tell her I thought it was illegal to leave restaurant premises with her drink in hand, but as evidenced below, she did not listen! Nana, the Rebel.


#9- My mom's memory fails her when on her second glass of wine. This picture was taken just as she was reminded that she was supposed to be designated driver that night!


#8- Zucchini Art is just plain AWESOME.


#7- Sometimes only a photo can capture how alike sisters are!


#6- I got some great Kelley shots to be used for my next funny card/craft project.


#5- That as Catholic as my Mom is, it was OK to steal her granddaughter a balloon. This picture is before Nana pulled out her handy dandy scissors (only my mom keeps a pair of scissors in her purse) and snipped one for her. Straight to hell, Nana. Straight to hell.


#4- Dancing in the streets with your family to Samba music and attempting to hula hoop is flipping FUN and should be done as much as possible!


#3- That I come from a really crunchy granola area, as evidenced by t-shirts proclaiming "Eat More Kale" and more Birkenstocks than I can shake a stick at.

#2- Zucchini's make awesome centerpieces.


#1- And the #1 thing I learned was that when there are that many farm animals in one spot, someone is bound to step in goat shit. Sorry it had to be you, Kelley. :)

4 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Top Three Reasons Why I Loved This Post:

1. I love Zucchini and Small-Town Festivals. Now I WANT some zucchini, any way I can get it. Fried, chocolate-ified, I don't care!

2. Your Mom is super-awesome! Isn't it funny the rebels that Grandmothers become?

3. The fact that you mentioned the goat shit that Kelley stepped in. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!:)

Anonymous said...

I am going to pee my pants!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This post is hilarious!!!! :-)))))

Schmell said...

In case you haven't figured it out, "Anonymous" is me! LOL

asplashofsunshine said...

I love you Shannon! I rarely do this, but LOL!!!! Yes, I literally laughed outloud!