Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OMG.



Do you know how weird it is to be buying a lunch box and thermos for your two-year old kid??? Very. Very, very, very! Well, the unthinkable has happened- Sadie is officially enrolled into some part time daycare. OMG! The main reason is to give her the experience of eating with other kids (without Mom around) and hopefully to watch and learn, and also, just for some group socialization (also, without Mom around). So for two half days a week, she will go to..... SCHOOL!! I even found a tiny backpack. And it's seriously "awwww" on her too. She is excited about going and this week is her "orientation" (ha ha!). Thank God for it, though. We go each day this week for an hour to meet her teachers and her classmates. The first two days went well. Tomorrow, I will leave her alone for part of it (NOT going to be a fun scene!! Her poor teachers will get to hear her lung power), and by Friday, just drop her off. Sooooo..... fingers crossed, when I drop her off on Monday, it won't be a major meltdown. Mommy, however, will be having her own meltdown in the car. Yup, I'm slightly ..... terrified. It's a big deal, being it's the first time really leaving her in a school setting without knowing anyone. Sunday night, I will be a nervous wreck, ha! I know the beginning will be tough for her (me), but that she will adjust and have a good time there. She already loves all the new toys. And there is a boy named Connor who keeps following her around, but I won't tell John that. :) I didn't think I would see the day this would happen and I know it will be so good for her. Wish her (me) luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's started already?? OMG! haha! GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I know it will be so hard leaving her there but she(you!)will do great, and she will end up having a ball!

I have GOT to see a picture of the backpack on her...maybe tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday pic??

It's gonna be fine, Mom! xxoo

Love, Kelley (it won't let me type my name again)

asplashofsunshine said...

Adorable! You are such a fantastic mommy! I am going to have my own little breakdown on monday morning. I am amazed I will be dropping both kids off at elementary school. I can hardly believe it! We will have to have a sobfest on monday together. :) xoxo

Crafty Mama said...

Good Luck Shannon! It'll be tough at first (and will be tougher for you.) But after that first rocky couple of days where you tear up in the car, you'll start to look forward to Sadie's exuberant stories of school! Listening to Will tell me about what he did today at "Auntie's" is one of the highlights of my day. That is such a cute backpack, by the way!

Moe said...

Having worked in a few preschools, I'll tell you from experience that nearly every single kid does throw a fit when mom leaves. BUT, I will also tell you that 9 out of 10 times the kid has stopped crying by the time their parent has left the parking lot. I wish both of you the best of luck!