Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pre-Irene


Hurricane Irene is not even here yet, but as evidenced by the huge waves rolling in, she's a'comin. She is still in Virginia, but here is what we are already seeing in Newport. Our crappy camera doesn't do it justice. It's beautiful witnessing the gorgeous power of mother nature. Oh, and Sadie loved the "ocean baths" we got from getting these pics and videos. :) Luckily, we've got wine, corona's, homemade guac and salsa, and plenty of chocolate to get us through the storm! BRING IT, IRENE!








And we already did our "Hurricane Craft Project", before the hurricane even started. Sadie and I "designed" and decorated a new backpack for.... Preschool! We already had a plain pink backpack we used for daycare that fit her well, but it was pretty bland. So we took a Mama/Daughter trip to Joann Fabrics and she picked out her favorite felt iron-on appliques and we decided to put her name on it too. I decided I had better make it today since I needed electricity for the iron and Preschool starts Monday, and I wanted her to have it for the first day. She is also getting a present tomorrow- her new Dora lunch box, Dora water bottle and Dora sandwich container to take to her new big girl classroom. She is going to love it! She is so excited for Preschool!



3 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Stay safe in Irene's path! By the way, I wish I were as good of a mom as you are. I want a backpack like that too.

Crafty Mama said...

That is the cutest backpack, Shan. Good luck to Sadie and I'm sure that preschool will be awesome!

I still remember seeing a thunderstorm one night out at Forty Steps and it is still one of my favorite memories.

Kelley said...

That backpack is too cute, Shan! And to think you got the supplies at "I Hate Joanne/I Hate Fabrics"! ;-)

Really awesome footage of the ocean during Irene. Love Sadie's giggles at the "ocean baths." Very funny!