Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Cooking Bug


Mummies and pumpkins brownie pops!

I've been on a cooking/baking kick lately. I've always loved cooking/food/new recipes, but I had gotten out of the habit recently. But I feel the cooking bug coming back now, I'm drooling through recipes again, planning meals I want to try. It used to be my obsession to find new recipes and print them for my "big book of recipes"! Alas, many were not made, only salivated after.... But, I've decided to try and make some new stuff every week, and actually try some of these recipes I just HAD to print out or HAD to buy the magazine for. I'm not buying anymore cookbooks, I have way too many recipes stocked up! And..... its the holidays around the corner, and that means I'm going to have the food network on a lot soon, and then I'll have oodles more recipes to try...

The latest thing I made are these Brownie Pops. These things are addicting!! I've had three already today. Good thing I gave John a bunch to take to work with him. I had gotten a Williams Sonoma email that advertised these things- $30 for 6! So I used trusty Google (has it ever failed me? I don't think so.) to find a recipe for Brownie Pops, and the first link was a girl who had seen the exact same thing at Williams Sonoma and wanted to make them for herself... so I stole her recipe! They are SO yum!! Brownie bites dipped in chocolate??? How could you go wrong? Sure, they don't look as pretty as WS, but they taste awesome! Fun to make too. I can't wait until Sadie is old enough to do stuff like this with me. And of course, EAT them with me too!

Next on the food list? Baked chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese, rosemary, and lemon zest.... a Rachel Ray recipe I have had torn out of her mag for awhile.

Sadie is still napping. Perhaps another brownie pop???


3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

While Sadie's napping, go for it!

I have too many cookbooks too. I try to take one down each week and make something from it, but not for awhile now.

Mama said...

The brownie pops look so cute & yummy!! You did a great job. I hope you make some for me! Mama

asplashofsunshine said...

((droooooooooling)))))))