Monday, October 12, 2009

Ode To Fall


I actually made what I said I was going to make! The mother of all fall desserts- a super yummy apple crisp! Usually I save a recipe to make and never get around to making it, but ha ha! I did it! It was mmmmmm mmmmm and a great comfort dessert. Even John liked it, and he's really only a chocolate kind of guy. I have to give a shout out to my food processor...... wow, I really should use this thing more. Usually I would do the crumb topping by hand, and it takes a bit to do and semi-annoying to do as well, but with the processor- VOILA! I had my topping in about 15 seconds. Nice.....

So I have to start watching what I say around Sadie, she listens to whatever we say, when I don't think she is, and then is like a little parrot. Today was funny- I'm not sure what I was annoyed about, but in an annoyed voice I said "John....." and from the other room I hear my exact annunciation and tone come right back to me... "John...." and John and I were practically rolling on the floor with laughter. Which made her repeat it over and over again with glee. "John!" "John!" So funny. Well, it could have been a LOT worse!

Off to have dinner. Did I mention that we ate the apple crisp before our actual dinner? Yup, it was dessert first tonight, meal second :) The way it should be.

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

What an awesome looking apple crisp! :) Thank God for food processors, indeed!

Will picked up a few doozies from me....he said "Jesus Christ" at the daycare once when the lady went to change his diaper! Oops....my bad....:)

adventures in rhode island said...

ginny- thats hysterical! :)