Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thank you, Paula Deen!




When you make something of Paula Deen's, its probably going to make you gain 5 lbs, but damn, it'll be worth it. Like the cake I made for John's birthday this weekend- Chocolate Sybil Cake. Oh. My. God. It was soooo rich, decadent, and totally sinfully delish...... but what wouldn't be with a pound of butter in it?!?! Its a perfect "me" type of cake, meaning, its quick, easy and ready to eat in no time. No waiting to cool or frost! Its a "John" type of cake because you'll OD on chocolate. Its a warm chocolate cake served with a warm chocolate sauce..... YUMMMMM. Because its served warm, I decided to make it when Sadie went to bed, and of course, that night she decided she wouldn't sleep until 10:30. So, by the time it was made, it was close to midnight. And then we ate huge portions of this thing, and conked out. Can you say heartburn that night?!? HA! I feel so old saying that, but its true. Anyways, totally worth it. Here's the recipe- Chocolate Sybil Cake.


We also took Sadie to the pumpkin patch they have set up downtown, she had a blast. "Puntin! Puntin!" she kept saying. She also firmly told a little boy "NO!" who was trying to take a pumpkin from her. The girl's got some spunk, let me tell you! It has been absolute heaven having the tube out. No worries of it coming out, no night feeds, no reflux/throwing up, no maintenance, etc. And I'm sure she is much more comfortable too. She had her first weigh-in yesterday, and as expected, she did drop in weight. Even though I knew this would probably happen, its still stressful to see, and also to know, that next week's weigh-in she can't lose anymore weight. She can stay the same, but the doctor doesn't want anymore weight loss. It's just a lot of pressure during meals, which is the opposite you want during a meal with a kid who has issues with eating. But I still think she can pull this off, here's hoping for a good week for her and that Monday brings us good news. Until then, I'm soaking up all this tube-free time!

3 comments:

Nana Cain said...

Sadie looks adorable with the pumpkins! I love her little pigtails. Sadie is her Nana's little pumpkin!! John Birthday cake looks like "Death By Chocolate", what a way to go!! YUMMMMMMM Nana

Crafty Mama said...

That cake looks like it is to die for!! Good luck on Monday at Sadie's doctors, I'll be thinking of you guys. :)

asplashofsunshine said...

The cake looks AH-MA-ZIIIIINNNNGGG! My birthday is next week, when is your flight out here to make it for me?!

Sending a few calories over to Sadie from Auntie Karen. :) She looks great, and I hope the scale and the doctors think so too. HUGS!!!