Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Special Day


Today was special for two reasons. The first was it is our 3rd wedding anniversary! John is such an amazing husband, father, and friend. I am well aware of how lucky I am. I can't believe how fast time is flying. And although we didn't get to formally celebrate our day by going out, we did get the best gift possible. Which brings me to special thing #2. Today (actually, about 30 minutes ago) I pulled out Sadie's feeding tube. We are going to see how well she does without the tube and hope it makes her hungrier. We are praying for little to no weight loss, although some loss is expected at first. I just hope and pray that she is able to do this, to be self sufficient in this way, so she doesn't have to have the tube reinserted, or worse, have the tube surgery done. We'll just take it one day at a time and keep up a positive attitude. I believe she can do this!

Tomorrow, I believe a wordless Wednesday "tube free" picture of Sadie may be in order! I haven't seen her without a tube for more than a couple hours since April. Looking forward to seeing her beautiful face, without all that tape.

Short post, but its time for bed....

3 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Happy Anniversary (now a day late, but I did remember, right?)

Happy Bye-Bye Tube Day! Gosh, you two are such fabulous parents. She is such a cutie pie! Love you guys and can't wait to hear of Sadie's new little freedom.

Crafty Mama said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again! I thought of you yesterday, Happy belated Anniversary :)

And the tube is out....celebration! keep posting those beautiful pics.

Kel said...

Yay, the tube is OUT!! I am praying for Sadie to eat enough so that it STAYS out! :-)

Love you guys so much! xxoo