Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun, Festivities and Frolicking on the Fourth! (whew)



Our tiny dancer, rockin' out to some awesome reggae beats, courtesy of The Ravers!

There was no lack of sunshine and outdoor time this 4th of July, we all lucked out with such a gorgeous 3-day weekend. We spent so much time outdoors lately that when I compared my arm to John's, the unimaginable happened. Me, the fair-skinned Irish girl, was tanner than my all-Italian husband. Yes, there was a lot of gloating and "wait, let's compare again, just to make sure." Can you blame me? This NEVER happens! I know I'll lose this race in a little bit, it's just not in the gene's for me, but for now, I'm gonna enjoy it. :)


Excited to be going to her first concert in her special red, white, and blue dress (thanks, Grandma!) !

So any chance we had, we headed outside. To the beach for some fun and cooling off, to the reggae band concert at the park, to eat some pretty bad hot dogs downtown, to go to the park and for walks, and to watch the fireworks last night. Which Sadie wasn't too sure of! The idea of it was fun to her, but when it actually happened, I think it was overwhelming to her. With all the people around, the many drunk people yelling things (thanks for screaming obscenities in front of my innocent kid!), all the boats blaring their horns, plus it had been a long weekend and way past her bedtime. She did pretty good, but I think she was fairly happy to leave and go home to bed after that. Laid right down on her pillow and was out in minutes!

No complaints here, an awesome 3-day weekend, one that I really don't want to end. Back to the grind tomorrow!

Waiting for the fireworks to start, Sadie excited to be up past bedtime and chillin' out in our beach chairs.


Gorgeous sunset that night! We couldn't have asked for a better night!


1 comment:

Kelley said...

Hahahaha, love the video! She always HAS been a good dancer! ;-)