Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kite Festival




I am now a big fan of the Kite Festival that is held every year at Brenton Park. We headed down there this morning and set up a little picnic area on the grass, ate yummy snacks, watched the colorful kites against a vibrant blue sky, introduced Sadie to soccer and had a blast with my $1 huge Walmart bubble wand I bought 2 years ago but never used. I didn't expect it to be so relaxing, laid back and fun, but it was. It's just kind of cool to see tons of kite's being flown all at once, especially on such a not-a-cloud-in-the-sky kind of day. However, I did not anticipate being down there that long and neglected to put on any sunscreen except for my face (thank God for that) and I am quite the crispy critter as I sit here and type. Oww. I must have gotten cocky with that post about me being tanner than John. A little overly confident in my melanin production. Perhaps it was all that gloating I did. Is this karma?! What was this pale-as-pale-can-be girl thinking. Well, my tanning euphoria is gone alright- and oh, and I'm not tanner than him anymore! Fairly short-lived, eh?! Anyways, we thoroughly enjoyed our extra big dose of vitamin D today!

Oh, and I got to see Eclipse today finally! Two glorious vampire-filled, kid-free hours- in AC! It was wonderous, I tell you. And the movie was great too! GO TEAM EDWARD!


Putting that $1 bubble wand to good use, Sadie loved it! This picture also captures why my shoulders and back are fried right now. My legs, however, are still a ghastly shade of white. It's like some cruel cosmic joke God enjoys playing on me. Every flippin' year.

Future World Cup Champ.

This photo has nothing to do with the kite fest. Just a sweet pic of Daddy and his little girl!

No comments: