Saturday, July 10, 2010

You Go, Girl.


Everything tastes better in a cream sauce, Sadie!

I am always reluctant to write about any possible food progress with Sadie because anytime she might seem like she has taken a step ahead, it never pans out, and we end up right where we started. But I think this time I will share a little because I'm really proud of her and I do think that she is honestly showing a little progress. This photo was taken last night at dinner. No, she was not actually eating fettuccine alfredo, but she is doing stuff here that she doesn't often do. Getting her hands dirty and really experimenting with the noodles, even breaking off small pieces and not spitting them immediately out but enjoying the taste of the sauce (even saying mmm!) and letting them stay in her mouth for a bit. The foods I make for her are starting to be accepted slightly more and she is doing better with textures. Just small things, but promising because she has been doing all of them for over a week, not just once. It's going to start small like that though, and hopefully build to more. Then last night, we found out a soft serve ice cream shop opened in walking distance (YAY!) and went to get ice cream. She did so awesome with it! This is definitely something very new- Sadie enjoying the ice cream and actually eating some of it! It was not long ago we wouldn't have been able to sit and enjoy ice cream with her, so to be able to do this with her, was wonderful in it's normalcy. And just really good for our spirits to see!


So we'll just see what happens with it, continue on with the program, and hope for the best!

5 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Hooray!!! That is wonderful news. So glad that she is showing some progress.

I've noticed in the last few pictures that you have posted, she's really looking like you! I've always seen John in Sadie, but her hair and her eyes are totally you :)

asplashofsunshine said...

AMAZING! Keep it up girl!

Kelley said...

I am just ecstatic! I watched that video about 5 times so far, and I am sooooooo thrilled. What a huge step. Congrats--you've worked so hard to get her to this point and the results are starting to show. Way to go!!!

xxoo

Pan and the boys said...

Yes for Sadie! when Sadie can enjoy the food I bet she will do so well because she has very good hand skill with the spoon.

Kelley said...

Watching the video again with a huge smile on my face...:-))))