Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas Number Two



Using her oven mitt to take our her baking creation, "just like Mommy's".


Because of Mother Nature's apparent need to show who's boss and dump snowstorm upon snowstorm on us, we had to cancel our plans to travel to NJ to see John's family for Christmas. We just got a chance to go and see them and have our second Christmas. Which Sadie was very grateful! Thanks to Grandma and Papa, our little cook now has her own kitchen! She loves it and now one of her favorite things to do is cook us food (yes, I know, the definition of irony) and make us delicious coffees! I had to laugh at my stubborn little girl, as I tried to show her where the cream and sugar was for the coffee and she firmly told me no, to go and sit on the couch and she would do it herself. She proceeded to make an elaborate coffee concoction of coffee, salt, fresh ground pepper, chili powder, parsley and ginger. Yes, the kitchen has all of these spices! I was cracking up, and boy, it was the tastiest cup of coffee I had ever drank! She was very proud of it :) Cream and sugar are sooooo overdone anyways, am I right?!

She also got a toy that is fun for kids AND adults! Remember the piano from Big? She got one! A giant floor piano that you can run and jump on, she loves it! I love it! And I love that it gets some energy out of her. Now I just need Tom Hanks to come and do "Heart and Soul" on it with me. I loved that movie as a kid. :)

FUN!

3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Mmmmmm.....I am coming to visit, to play on that piano and get a cup of Sadie's special coffee! I loved that movie too, and I'll bet I'd be handy at doing "Heart and Soul" with you! (No Youtube requests, please.) :)

asplashofsunshine said...

I'm pretty sure if Kev and Sadie were to be on that piano at the same time, you'd be evicted!

Anonymous said...

I loved that scene from "Big"! I want to play on the piano too! That kitchen is the bomb...looks better-stocked that mine! And yes, cream and sugar is super-boring. I'll order a cup of chili-ginger, and a cup of pepper-parley, please. ;-)
~Kelley