Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Potty Story


The lonely little potty. Waiting for some baby bum bums. Poor potty.

It's all ready and waitin' for some tiny hiney to sit and use it. Books are waiting to be read on it. Toys even. Chocolate rewards. But a certain little girl is resisting the potty. Here is a snippet of dialogue that happened yesterday as I noticed the tell-tale sign of Sadie going into a corner quietly.

"Do you need to go poops?"
"No."
"Let's go try the potty."
"No, I AM using the potty."
"You are?"
(Nod)
"That's not a potty, that's your diaper. The potty is in the bathroom. Come on, let's go try it."
"No, that potty's broken. I'm usin' this one here."
"It's broken?"
"Ya, it's broken. I'm usin' this one."

Uh huh. And she did.

Does anyone have any hints on how to potty train a stubborn little girl?! We are going nowhere here!

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Ugggghhhhhhh we're not exactly setting the world on fire around here, either. Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn!!!

kelley said...

BWA-HAHA!! I am cracking up over here..."I AM using the potty...this one here!" Too funny. :-))) (Look at all the posts I've been missing--playing blog catchup.)