Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



This weekend was John's first Dad's Day! Still a little odd we celebrated both Mother's Day and Father's Day this year as real parents, as opposed to just kitty parents. We had a good weekend together, enjoying the nice weather out on Saturday, going out for a yummy breakfast at a cute little place near our apartment, and attempting to go out for dinner. I say attempting because we only got through part of the meal and then Sadie decided that Yesterday's was not where she wanted to be! So, got the meal to go, paid the check, quickly got the crying little Spud to the car...... and by the time we got home.... yup, you guessed it, Sadie was fine! 

Besides celebrating Father's Day for the first time, another big thing happened. For the first time in about a year, I had a drink!! Yup, you heard right, a whole year. I checked with the doctor to make sure I could have a drink without it affecting Sadie and she said, yup, go ahead! So my first drink was an ice cold Stella. The downside of this was due to the aforementioned restaurant episode.... I only got to drink about a quarter of it! Ah well.... next time! Look how happy I am!



Little Spud got to spend some quality time with her daddy this weekend, here is a shot of them napping together on the couch....awwww..... Sadie is a lucky girl to have such an amazing father! 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day John.! I love the pictures of you and Sadie. Your a wonderful Dad. Wait until Sadie calls you "Dada" for the first time. Your heart will melt!!See you all soon, Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day John.! I can't believe how much my Grandchild has grown.!She has the face of an angel.! I love the pictures of you and Sadie.! See you all soon.
Love, Nana

asplashofsunshine said...

What a happy daddy! I can tell Sadie is already learning how to give Daddy "THE LOOK". You know, the look that says, "I love you... now gimme the Barbie car!" Love you guys!

Crafty Mama said...

Happy Belated Father's Day, John! Shannon---glad you got a drink! I love the new pics, keep them coming.