Monday, January 18, 2010

Ah.... New Baby Smell!


Baby Anya, asleep on her Daddy.
I hear Mommy and Daddy's shoulders are her favorite place to sleep. :)

Seriously, don't they have a certain wonderful smell about them?! Warm, soft, clean, and.... new! I got my baby fix this weekend when we went to go visit friends Beth, Josh, and new baby Anya. Anya is 7 weeks old, and is such a sweet, good, plumpy cheeked little angel! She's a little beauty and I'm so glad I got to meet her when she was still such a tiny thing. I think all parents say this, but, I really don't remember Sadie being that small. I'm so glad we have many pictures (thousands!) and videos to remember those times. We were so sleep deprived, not much sunk in there the first month or so. :) Beth and Josh are handling having a new baby wonderfully and we joked about the lack of sleep, the marathon nursing sessions, the amount of late night/early morning tv being watched, and we could understand all they were going through! All worth it, though, we agreed! It was wonderful spending some time with Beth, chatting about babies and being a mom, and just catching up with each other's lives. Here is a pic of the new happy family.

Josh, Beth, and a well-swaddled Anya.

We also got a chance to get coffee with Kari at Barnes & Noble. It had been awhile since we'd gotten together and was nice to hang out, letting Sadie loose in the children's section (poor B & N). She found a rack of Eric Carle stuffed animals and she was pretty psyched about taking out all the animals and giving them all to Kari, and then taking them all back and giving them all to Daddy. Hours of fun, I tell you. Kari happily obliged when Sadie asked her to put elephants, caterpillars, and penguins on her head, and a friendship was born! In fact, Kari made Sadie's day and bought her the stuffed elephant! Let me tell you how much this elephant is already loved. Kissed, hugged, danced with, put in her high chair to eat, put in her crib to sleep, pretending it's walking on the floor (with the trademark Sadie "do do do do do" as he walks) and the first thing she wanted after her nap was her "elfint". So thanks, Kari! Had to show you some pics of her and "elfint":


Kisses for Elephant!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell Ms. Sadie your welcome for me. I'm glad she like her elphint. Anytime she wants to meet at Barnes and Noble, i am in. It was nice to be involved in the dilemma of what stuffed animal was the best. I was rooting for the penguin :)

Crafty Mama said...

The elephant is adorable. :)

Babies are one of the best smells in the world!

Oh, and congrats to Beth and Family!

Kelley said...

I love elfints, too. :-) Hugs and kisses to all! xoxoxo