Monday, January 11, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday


I had made an 80's mix for Sadie and The Bangles are on it, and they are in my head, but anyhoo....

We had a doctor's appointment for Sadie today, and unfortunately Sadie lost a few ounces (in her world, ounces count). She has just been so sporadic in her eating lately. It was one of those disappointing appointments, the only thing you don't want to see is weight loss, and it is such a morale booster to get a weight gain. So when you don't, it's deflating. Not the end of the world though. Last month she gained a fair amount, so I'm not worried. We'll just keep plugging away and hope she does better next weight check.


Great gift, Mom! We LOVE the aerator!
I'm addicted to drinking while cooking now!

I decided after that appointment, that a nice dinner was in order. I had wine in the fridge, ready and waiting for us. I was supposed to make this dinner on Sunday night, but we packed up all the Christmas decorations and put them away, and that took longer than expected. And since we cooked practically nothing ALL weekend, a nice dinner was in order. Seriously- we picked up pizza Friday night, had chinese Saturday night, and resorted to a frozen pizza on Sunday night to save time. And if that wasn't enough, the creme de la creme was our McDonald's lunch on our way to the doctor's today! So I made Giada's Rigatoni with Vegetable Bolognese, something I've had in my recipe collection for a few years and never got around to making. I'm so glad I made this, it was delicious! You have to like mushrooms for this recipe. The flavors were just so good together and went so well with the red wine (which for once didn't give me a headache). And the wine was needed! My mom is starting to regret giving us the wine aerator, she thinks I'm going to become an alcoholic or something. But Mom, no worries, I went through the alcoholic phase in college. :) But seriously, folks- What a great way to unwind — cooking, drinking wine, "Footloose" playing on the ipod, Sadie dancing around me, and chatting with my hubby. Anyways, this is a great recipe to try, if anyone is actually reading this blog!

Food photography is hard! This picture is pretty horrible, but it tasted delish!
And it went very well with crescent rolls- But what doesn't!

3 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

You most certainly did not go through an alcohol phase in college. If you did, I played NO part in it whatsoever. :)

Hope Sadie's next appt goes better. Frustrating! Don't second guess yourself and let it get you down.

Love you guys!

Crafty Mama said...

Mmmm...looks good to me! The best thing to go with crescent rolls by the way....more crescent rolls! :)

Pan and the boys said...

Oh, mine....(o-O)That looks very good Shannon!

Seeing your pasta photo made me feel hungry.(^_^)