Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello, 2010.


Sadie cooking like her mommy.

I like the start of a new year. It's nice to have that feeling of starting over and getting another chance of accomplishing all those resolutions. It gives you a chance to reflect on what you want to do this year to make life better. And that usually involves a list, and I seriously love making lists. I love crossing things off a list even more. I am glad that '09 has come to an end, although we've had many blessings this year, it's been a trying one for us. One that I'd like to see behind us. I am hoping for a happier, more relaxed, less overwhelming year. Our biggest problem, getting Sadie to eat solids, is still there. But, the threat of a feeding tube has been lifted- the removal of the tube being our (and Sadie's) greatest accomplishment last year. So we are very lucky in that aspect. Now we're hoping to get her to eat, actually eat foods, in the early part of the year, if it's possible. It's probably hard to understand, but feeding her is very time consuming and requires a lot of energy, sometimes you really have to dig deep to find that smile and positive, fun attitude that is needed to get her to eat and drink. Because every time you offer food to her, it's a battle and a refusal, and when most all things you try to offer are rejected, it wears on you and your spirit. And this of course, spills into all other parts of life. I never realized how big a part of life food was until I had to feed a child who hated to be fed. We always have to feed her at home, because she won't eat anywhere else just yet (nor will be eat for anyone other than John and I). So I am home a lot. And daycare won't accept a child who won't eat on their own. So working has been put on hold. It's a complicated, all-encompassing situation. I have a good feeling for this year, though. I think many changes will take place to make life better. I won't go into my list of resolutions because it makes too much pressure to do them! Two of them are drink more wine and watch more movies! Ha! So, I guess what I am trying to say is here's to a great 2010 for all our friends and family! Wishing for happiness and peace and love in the new year ahead!

More snow in Newport! Do you like our new stroller?

3 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

You did have a tough 2009. I wonder if you drink your wine when Sadie is eating if that will bring that smile you desperately need during that time. :)

adventures in rhode island said...

that is not a bad idea!!

Kelley said...

You rock, Shan. Yes, 2009 was a very difficult year for you guys. I have a positive feeling about 2010! Love you!!