Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First Valentine


Sadie made her first valentine today (with a tiny bit of help from mom)! Last week, a couple mom friends and I took our daughters to an open gym at an elementary school, it was for ages 1-5. It was a lot of fun for the kids, with balls, hula hoops, bowling, blocks, tumbling mats, and a bunch of other stuff. We found out while we were there it was run by a group called Parents as Teachers. They also run a play group once a week downtown and I took Sadie last week and today. I'm so happy I am finding these programs for Sadie and I. This play group is a little more organized than a normal play group, they kids play for an hour, then they all sit at a table to do an arts and crafts project (hence the valentine), and then there is quick sing-a-long, and a book read to them. About 10-12 kids have attended both times, and it gives Sadie a chance to play with a larger group of kids, and I get to meet some new moms. This group also focuses on working with you, if you want, on any issues or concerns you might have about your child's development. I haven't done anything with that part of the program, but it's nice to know it's there. I've just been pleasantly surprised at how active our winter has been with all these great - and free- programs we've been running into. Actually doing arts and crafts with her has been so sweet and has made me see she is really turning into a little girl.

Vampire update: almost done with book 2. In like a day. I'm shameless with my vampire addiction. It's fun to be sucked into a series again :)

LOST TONIGHT!!!!!

No comments: