Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sadie and Papa


Cuddles on the couch. Unattainable until now!

If photos are worth a thousand words, then this is a blog where I don't need to be too verbose. We had a wonderful weekend when John's Dad (from here on out, known as Papa) came to visit us. It was laid back, fun, and best of all, Sadie has a new best friend. I have never ever seen her react to someone so positively as she did to her Papa. And, it took no time at all for that to happen! Before I knew it, instead of clinging to mommy, she all of a sudden wanted Papa next to her every single second! When he would leave the room at all, she would toddle after him, calling out "Papa, come" or something of that nature. Hysterical and also wonderful to see her bonding like that with family. So a rare thing happened, Sadie wasn't attached to John or myself the nights he was here....... so what could I do? I'll tell you what. Uncork a bottle of wine and celebrate! My brain almost couldn't comprehend what was happening. Sitting on the couch, wine in hand.... and Sadie was not in bed..... not computing! Anyways, Papa was wonderful to her and played every game she insisted they play without complaint, although I am sure she wore him out! Thanks for a great visit, Papa. :)

Deep in conversation.

Drawing at her new easel.

Showing Sadie the lobsters in the touch tank aquarium at First Beach.

Chillin' out, relaxin'.

My favorite picture.

Playing her favorite game. She'll tell you to "sleep", she'll cover you up with a blanket, then wake you up with tickles, and laugh at her cleverness! Fun times, I tell you.

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Wow, she is totally enamored with Papa! That's wonderful, Shannon. :)

asplashofsunshine said...

I love the relationship with grandparents and the kids, especially grandfathers. I never had a grandfather, so I am especially emotional about that. Shannon, your dad would be so proud of you, and would have LOVED every second of playing with his sweet granddaughter. I am glad Papa is so wonderful to her and is making memories. Great pictures!