Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just a few things


Dr. Sadie working on her patient.

Some good news- Sadie had another weight check yesterday and she gained back what she lost last time, plus a little bit more. Yay! She had been sick too, so I wasn’t sure what to expect with her weight. Solids are still a big struggle, but she is pretty open to new tastes and is much more confident when food does get in her mouth. Today she tried black bean soup for the first time and seemed to like it, not something I would have thought she would have liked. Also, I got her to taste cheesecake and she seemed to like that as well, and she isn’t too big on sweets. Little steps, but they add up.

Speaking of cheesecake, the cheesecake I gave her was the one I made this weekend that turned out to be a total flop. I had cream cheese to use up so I decided to make my first ever cheesecake. And the spring form pan I bought 10 years ago got used for the first time. All the directions said was to cook until the center was set, but I had no idea what that actually looked like, so the center of the cheesecake was all soft. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. The outside part of the cheesecake was fine, hence the part Sadie and I ate together. But disappointing when a recipe is a flop like that!

Lastly, I can’t put specifics about the Sookie Stackhouse book I am on (book 6!) because Kelley hasn’t gotten that far and I don’t want to write any spoilers, BUT, I am SO not happy with a certain vampire! Unbelievable!! And does EVERY supernatural being want Sookie?!?! Still really enjoying this tasty little series, but I just came upon a certain part that made me go OMG! So, Kelley, hurry up and read your books so I can blog less cryptically!

Anyone a LOST fan?? This season is going to be SO GOOD!! So excited :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Awwwww, Dr Sadie! Too funny!! Yes, Shan, I will read faster so you can blog less cryptically! I'm on Book 5.