Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Photo Essay


I had dinner with my first ever roommate, Neary, and her husband, John. It was such a great time, catching up with our lives and reliving old memories. We ate dinner at a hibachi restaurant downtown and it was the perfect place to chat. It had been awhile since I had talked about our fun college days, man, those were good times! We talked about everything from our tiny Miley Hall dorm to that same dorm being haunted by a ghost named Tuhs! A piece of advice- leave the Ouija board alone!!

I also got to get some baking in- I made a friend some birthday cookies. One of my favorites- ginger cookies dipped in white chocolate. Once again, these were supposed to be made during Christmas, but it never happened. I have to make these at least once a year!

Here's the friend they were for- infamous Christopher :) We went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate his birthday and we had a blast talking, laughing, more memories being remembered, but this time post-college ones. Damn, we had some kick ass parties back in the day! Hanging with my old roommate, eating totally bad for me food, having a noon time beer, that is a fantastic Saturday, if you ask me.

And lastly, after 3 failed attempts at trying to get this coffee cake made, I finally did it. It's another Ina Garten recipe- Sour Cream Coffee Cake. It is so good! She describes it as a homemade Drake's Cake and it does taste like it! It was a wonderful Monday morning coffee treat, as it seemed extra hard to get out of bed this morning. In fact..... I just had another piece with a cup of tea. :)

So, that's Adventures in Rhode Island's weekend in review.




1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

Ohhh, I had forgotten about Tuhs. Haven't used a Ouija board since, either!!

Those cookies and that cake look awesome.