Saturday, February 27, 2010

Martini Therapy

Seriously, it's good for the soul, at least when consumed with some friends during a much needed night out. I went out with a couple mom friend's on Thursday to Brick Alley Pub, where hands down the best thing on the menu is their appletini's. Perhaps even better than their nachos. Although, preferably, you would order both. Every time I order an appletini anywhere else, it's just not as good as the Brick. Of course, also every time I order an appletini, my inner JD kicks in with "I'll have an appletini, heavy on the apple and light on the tini." :) Scrubs fans will know what I'm talking about. But back to the point. When you have kids around, it's very hard to have a real conversation with someone. Because you always have one eye on them, they want you to play with them and try to drag you to a toy, they are about to close their fingers in a door, trying to get a cat who is in the litter box, etc. So to sit down, kids free, and blissfully concentrate and listen to another adult and oh my goodness yes, actually respond and talk, it's wonderful! It really is. It was just so nice to slump in a booth, have adult conversation, and of course the added bonus of the happy martini feeling. We all agreed this needs to happen more often! Oh, and icing on the cake? Sadie was asleep by the time I got home. SWEET. :)

4 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Homesick. End of story.

Crafty Mama said...

I haven't been to the Brick since.....hmmmmm your baby shower! Before that I was pregnant with Will, so no Appletinis for me. Their drink menu always rocked!

Hooray for conversation with grown-ups! I loved all of your "kid situations," esp the one about the cat and the litter box.

p.s. Do you still watch Scrubs? I gave up on it after last season, when JD wasn't going to be a regular anymore.

adventures in rhode island said...

ginny- no, i don't watch anymore either. it just wasn't the same and i didn't get into it. i love the old school JD and Turk days :)

Kel said...

Oh yes, they have the BEST appletini's I have ever had! Remember when we stopped there so I could have some "liquid courage" before I met John for the first time?? hahaa! I still say it was a Tootsie Pop that they put in as a swizzle stick....heh heh...